Wednesday, January 13, 2010

random acts of creativity

in no particular order.... ways i've been creative lately.



headband




i started with this plain headband.




 wrapped it with this fabric, hot gluing it along the way.




I didn't use any fray check, but i like that look.




using the same fabric, i twisted this long strip into a flower shape.




i cut a piece of circle felt and glued it to the inside of the headband.




then i glued the flower to the felt and headband.




and since one is good, isn't two better?





all done.







necklace




this is more than just a necklace i made. forever more this necklace will remind me of SEARCHING the floor of joann craft store for the my diamond in my engagement ring! i was just picking out some fabric and then headed to the bead aisle to make this very necklace. on my way home, i realized my diamond was gone. i started to cry, well sob is more like it. my husband came with me to retrace my steps and see if there was any possible way we could find my diamond.

have you ever looked on the floor of a craft store??? it has glitter and beads everywhere! we were almost done scouring the floor of each aisle i had been in, when we reached the bead aisle. my husband later told me he had just asked God to help us find the diamond when he looked down and spotted my diamond!

seriously, craziest story you've ever heard right????


raw coconut brownies




still going strong with my commitment to go raw, i was in dire need of something sweet! these are so yummy! i found this recipe at goneraw.com.

ingredients-

4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
3 c raw walnuts
½ c raw carob or cacao powder
¼ c agave nectar
¼ c raw honey


melt the coconut oil by nesting it in another container full of warm water. mix carob and coconut oil thoroughly. stir in agave nectar and blend well. process walnuts alone in a food processor until they become a buttery consistency. add oil/carob/agave/honey mixture and blend well. i choose to drop
them onto a greased plate instead of putting them in a square
baking dish, like traditional brownies.

3 comments:

  1. jess that headband is REALLY cute! and i'll have to try the brownies one day... they look yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want that head band.

    so glad you found your ring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so crafty Jess! Good luck on your raw eating. We've been trying stay raw too. Is sushi considered raw? lol

    ReplyDelete