Thursday, January 28, 2010

more raw

so i must admit, i'm struggling slighty with my mission to go raw. on a good day, i can do about 60% raw but a bad day is sometimes just 25%. it's hard to keep myself motivated when most recipes besides salad and protien shakes, can require hours of preparation (soaking seeds mostly) however i have gotten a few compliments on how clear my skin looks, which i am praying to attribute to all this raw food!

in an effort to try new recipes to keep me motivated, i did try some new recipes....

{onion bread}
this recipe was passed along to me by my good friend, dita. dita is also in the process of going raw and she has been so encouraging! my bread still needs a bit of tweeking, but i am sooo glad i tried it again! it's been really yummy with sliced avocado or on top of salads.

what's great about bread from the dehydrator is it still fits the raw bill. it is only made from raw seeds and vegtables. also dehydrators do not cook the ingridients so that they lose all their nutrional value!




onion purée and sunflower seeds





flax seeds





all mixed together....





in the dehydrator





yummy bread after 12 longgg hours!


{raw baklava}
this another great recipe that meets my sweet tooth's cravings!! i once saw a chef make something like this years ago on a morning show. i scoured raw websites to find the recipe, but never found anything. it's so simple that i just guessed at the exact ingridients.





thinly sliced apple inbetween the nutty filling. i pureed raw walnuts, honey, agave nectar and a dash of cinnamon. i would make this even if i wasn't worried about the nutrional value of my desserts!!

i feel like i should apologize for these raw posts, they may be putting you all to sleep! do any of you out there actually like the raw posts?!?

2 comments:

  1. Good job on your onion bread! I would suggest to grind flaxseeds,because whole seeds simply pass through the body. Have you tried raw oatmeal cookies with apple and raisins? I also making ice cream with frozen banana and organic low fat plain yogurt. so goood! Please keep posting,as I enjoy your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the apple dessert looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete