Saturday, September 26, 2009

welcome onboard

i've been thinking that maybe you would like to come with me on a flight? get to see the laughter, the tears and maybe someone getting arrested? sounds like a ball right? ok here it is then....


welcome onboard flight #110 september 26th.



driving in on the blue route, wearing my sweet uniform.




park the car, ride the bus, go through security and enter into the crew room.




time to get on da bird.




this where me and my friend laura will be working. the back galley.
i have literally spent hours and hours of my life here.
its almost sentimental, eh maybe not.

 


laura is getting to work. 




i am such a efficient worker that i am doing laura's work after i finished mine.




i have my one village coffee with me. i share with laura. duh.




we board half the plane in philly, take off and pick up the rest of the darlings in baltimore.




so we are in bwi, awaiting our pax. the cops come on board. {YES!} they have
a sketch! who still uses a sketch!?!? they take this women off for questioning.
sorry to dissappoint but she does not get arrested and they let her go on her vaca.
i have NO idea what it was about.




we are boarded and i am moving crap around. because i can.




we take off. start setting up the cart to sling beverages.




breakfast time!
*greek yogurt and mango granola




i do this a lot on the plane.....strettcchh. my flight attendant friends gawk at my
flexabilty. they don't think it looks natural. whateve.
btw, my hair is NOT touching the ground because
that would be nnnnnnasty!!!




we all land safely in punta cana, domincan republic.  finally.




laura talks to the pax.




here is the airport. people love to take pictures of it.
'OH MY GOSH. its a grass roooooof!'
ugh.




we pose for you.




the domincan cleaners come on board. hi guys.
i always feel like they are talking about me, but i can never be sure.




the pilots hang out, jeremy and paul. borrrring.





laura shows you what the overhead bin looks like with her stuffed inside.
aw thanks laura.



its humid outside so the airconditioning fogs the place up.
people freak.out. over this stuff.
i tell them its sleeping gas.



i'm ready to be home when some guy in a torn up camo shirt and jean shorts
asks me "hey are you american!?"




i get bored during the flight because we ran out of cups and can't do our second beverage service.
the flight is 3hour 40minute....really long when you are bored.
i may or may not have drawn this during that time.




laura and i, still bored, show you our angry we don't care flight attendant faces.
jk, we just have bad modeling faces.

we land in bwi...again. go through security and get back on the plane to fly home.
only a few people are going on to philly.




i am hungry and don't have anymore of my healthy food packed.
i am happy to see my good long lost friend,  pizza combos.




eat half the bag and feel like poop. darn you pizza combos!!!

we land in philly. catch the bus and get in our cars. this kinda day takes about 12hours.
but i am away from my house for about 15hours.

hope you liked going to punta cana.
peace out.





5 comments:

  1. I liked Punta Cana better on my honeymoon! Best post ever! Ummm pizza combos.... gross!!

    Also, Josh says, "Get on da bird."... that's what she said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this. Next time, can we see you get in the overhead bin?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh. favorite post ever. and you called them 'the darlings' amazing!

    i want you to be my flight attendant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I know you in a whole new way

    ReplyDelete